Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (2)

Wow, sorry for the blogging hiatus! It was semi-unintentional. Sometimes we all need a break, but this break lasted a little longer than expected. 

Today's job interview went very well, I have a second interview scheduled for tomorrow! I am also going on a mini-road trip with a friend tomorrow, so hopefully I find a quiet place to talk on the phone. But the point of this post is, of course, the Top Ten Tuesday meme, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

Characters I Would Crush On If I Were Also A Fictional Character

Let me start this post by clarifying that these following characters are characters I already have a crush on, even though they're fictional. Here we go!


1) Teddy Kent from Emily of New Moon

I make no secret of my love for these books. Teddy Kent is equal parts daring, brave, safe  and steady for Emily. Here are two quotes:

She thought Teddy could have whistled her clear across the world with those three magic notes.
-
"Don't tell me you can't love me- you can- you must- why, Emily" - his eyes had met the moonlit brilliance of hers for a moment - "you do."

Swoon.


2/3) Robb Stark and Jon Snow from A Song of Ice and Fire



This picture speaks for itself. I'd take them separately or as a package deal. 


4) Ron Weasley from Harry Potter


Another not-so-secret-secret of mine is that I am passionately in love with gingers. And I've always been in love with Ronald Bilius Weasley.


5) Warner from Shatter Me/Unravel Me

This is a spoiler free blog. This is a spoiler free blog. This is a spoiler free blog.


6/7) Chaol Westfall and Dorian DeHavilliard from Throne of Glass

“With each day he felt the barriers melting. He let them melt. Because of her genuine laugh, because he caught her one afternoon sleeping with her face in the middle of a book, because he knew that she would win.” 
-
“He was done with politics and intrigue. He loved her, and no empire, no king, and no earthly fear would keep him from her. No, if they tried to take her from him, he'd rip the world apart with his bare hands. And for some reason, that didn't terrify him.” 

This is the most difficult decision ever, so I pick both. Seriously, how do you guys choose between Chaol and Dorian?!


8) Daniel Sheridan from Something Strange and Deadly

"Just before Jie and Daniel reached the street, Daniel stopped. He twirled around and gazed up at me, as if he had sensed my eyes on his back. He strode a few steps toward me, paused, and then strode two more.
He slung off his cap and pressed it to his chest. Then,with the casual grace that marked all of his movements, he dropped to one knee and bowed his head.
He was declaring fealty to his empress."

Falling for Daniel Sheridan was a slow burn for me. But when I fell, I fell hard.


9) Alex Sheathes from Delirium 

“That's all I want. Just you and me. Always.” 
-
“Everyone is asleep. They've all been asleep for years. You seemed ... awake.' Alex is whispering now. He closes his eyes, opens them again.'I'm tired of sleeping.” 

This book KILLED ME! So much so that I sought out spoilers!


10/11) Aragorn and Legolas from The Lord of The Rings


Need I say insert image more? One is an elvish prince, the other a king of men. I'll be in my bunk.

6 comments:

  1. Is it bad I haven't heard of most of these people?!? But they are totally swoon worthy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I recommend that you become familiar with them? They're definitely worth it! You'll thank me later ;)

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with Jon Snow and Robb Stark! Love me some Winterfell men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The King in the North! <3

      And Jon doesn't have a battle cry save for the thumping of my heart...

      Delete
  3. Kit Harrington: swoon. And I came out of LOTR thinking, 'I fancy a chap with long blonde hair, and an old man.' (Bear in mind I was 14/15 at the time.)

    Also, on the back of the film, I can now add Thorin Oakenshield to the list (yes, I'm influenced by the actors who play the roles in adaptations).

    But Ron Weasley?! Helloooo, where is Sirius?!

    Alex - naturally. Don't know many of the rest. I quite liked Chaol. Oh, where is Gansey from the Raven Boys?! As a bairn, I always fancied Lee Scoresby from His Dark Materials (note - an example where I was NOT influenced by the actor in the role!)

    I also have a soft spot for Frederick Wentworth, from Persuasion. Now there's a real gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book Sirius, HELL YES. Movie Sirius? Gary Oldman is not too shabby, but I'd take Ron over him every day.

      MMM Frederick! You're quite right there!

      Make a list my friend! I'd love to see your picks :)

      Delete