Monday, 30 July 2012

My Bookshelf


Here it is, my bookshelf, my baby. My number one source of comfort and happiness. (sorry boyfriend, you're a close second). Unfortunately, a cross-country move made it necessary to leave some favourites behind, tucked safely away in my dad's basement. Convincing my boyfriend that it was entirely reasonable to bring hundreds of books to our new home was also a difficult task. But my babies and I persevered. Though this photo doesn't include the books in my bedroom and all of my teen books. I'll take photos of those later.


So my readers, what does your limited view of my bookshelf reveal about me? What do your bookshelves reveal about you? I love snooping through the book collections I come across in the homes of new friends, because books tell more than one story, they tell their story and yours. 

4 comments:

  1. I don't know, you like cluttering, hoarding books? I think that what it says. That you like to keep comforting things close at hand. My book shelf is pretty neat in different orders for each compartment, what does that say about me? I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you're probably right. Unfortunately, a minuscule 1-bedroom apartment does not offer room for multiple bookshelves :(

    They are organized by genre, but I admit it's cluttered. My DREAM bookshelf would be one of many bookshelves in my personal library, and the books would be alphabetized, or maybe sorted by colour, or genre. Sadly, we can only afford the 1-bedroom reality haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!

    I just wanted to let you know you won the Liebster Blog Award. I hope this helps you gain more followers. :) You can check out the post of the award on my blog. Here's the link: http://themusingwriter.blogspot.com

    Best wishes,

    Rebekkah

    ReplyDelete
  4. And also won an award on mine as well :) http://faroofthedark.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete